Uganda The Pearl of Africa
Uganda also referred to as the beautiful Pearl of Africa is a land locked country in East Africa neighboring numerous beautiful countries i.e Kenya in the East, Tanzania in the South, South Sudan in the North, DR Congo in the West and Rwanda in the South West. It is in the Great Lakes Region as well as the Nile Basin with Lake Victoria in the South.
The country has Equatorial climate which comprises of both wet and dry seasons due to the location of the country close to the equator. It is referred to as Uganda after a prominent tribe that is situated South of the country and this is called the Buganda Kingdom.
The capital city of the country is known as Kampala hence the most busiest and densily populated region in the country with the Luganda language being the most prominently spoken language around the city and the country. Other languages are also spoken and these include; Runyoro, Runyankole, Rukiga, and Luo.
His Excellence Yoweri Kaguta Museveni is the president of the country.
The country has numerous beautiful physical features that range form fresh water Lakes, Rivers, Terrains like Mountains i.e Rwenzori, Elgon, birds as well as wildlife species like the Big Cats of Africa i.e Lions, Leopards,Jackals, Hyenas, cheetahs, wild cats, golden cats as well as endangered primate species like the intelligent Gorillas and the chimpanzees as well as nocturnal like the sought after potto that have attracted numerous tourists in the country on primate safaris adventure.
Enjoy various safari activities while on holiday vacation like
- Gorilla Trekking; this is a very unique and remarkable safari activity to experience by all kinds of travelers looking to enjoy a Gorilla trekking safari expedition in the country's Bwindi & Mgahinga National Parks while on Holiday Vacation safari. Track these amazing apes for a period of 3-5 hours and stay in their presence for an hour through taking photos to keep for memories. The Gorilla Trekking permits cost US $600 per person in the high season and US $450 per person in the low season
- Chimpanzee Tracking; other than Gorilla Trekking, one can also take on chimpanzee tracking to experience the chimpanzees of Kibale as these can be tracked for a period of 3-5 hours and when found, an hour is allowed to be in their presence. The Chimpanzee habituation Experience is another choice for travelers that want to encounter and experience the chimpanzee longer since this offers them a chance to stay with them from the time they wake up and do their activities till dusk when they build new nests to sleep/ rest for the night.
- Wildlife Safaris; these are also very prominent and wonderful due to the fact that they can be experienced all over the numerous National Parks around the country for example Murchison Falls, Kidepo, Lake Mburo , Semliki, Queen Elizabeth. These have wildlife animals like the Big Cats i.e Lions, Leopards, Cheetahs, jackals, hyenas and others like buffaloes, elephants, kobs, tops, elands, giraffes, zebras etc.
- Cultural Safari Tours; transfer to the various regions in the country to experience the best cultural tours in the numerous tribes around Uganda. You can engage in some of the traditional performances to have remarkable encounters for memories. These begin within the city with the Baganda people then proceeds to the western part of Uganda as well as the Northern part.
- Boat Cruising; Enjoy cruising along the numerous water bodies like River Nile where you will have a chance to spot many wildlife species like the huge hippos and crocodiles beneath the waters as well as other wild animals like elephants, kobs, buffaloes drinking water after long days of wandering around the bushes.
- Nature walking; Explore Uganda's Natural Forests and the birds as well as primates in the thick forests as you transfer from one place to another. These are amazing and vary from one traveler to another depending on one's physical fitness.